Seven Ideas to Build Your Direct Sales or Party Plan Business outside of the Home Party
As a direct sales or home party plan consultant there are times when your party calendar might be a little bare due to the season or cancellations or you might not be able or want to do as many in-home parties or demo’s. There are many ways that you can build your direct sales or party plan business outside of the home party. These ideas can be used for incremental sales every single month or to rev up your business when home parties are low.
Here are Seven Ideas to Build Your Direct Sales or Party Plan Business outside of the Home Party:
1. Host a Mystery Host Party at your house one night or afternoon! Everyone who attends and orders is entered to be the host of the party and get all the host credits and bonuses OR you could even draw for a winner of a FREE Business Kit & use part of your commission from the sales to pay for the kit & keep part of the host credits for yourself to gain a new recruit!
2. Set up a Stop n Shop party at your office or a local restaurant after work one day (or offer to do this for your customers, friends, hosts)! Set up your kit, set up some games and prize drawings and let your friends stop in and see the newest products, catalog and sales fliers and shop! If you have or can sell cash & carry, bring some products and offer them as bonus buys with a minimum purchase amount.
3. Mini Parties! Get 12 friends or customers to collect $150 in orders for you. Put all the orders in one party order & split the host credits between those who collected and submitted orders. Depending on how your host program works, each person would be able to receive $20-$50 in free items! (You’ll make a great commission from this too!)
4. Set up an online party and share the link on Facebook, your website, networking groups, your customer email list… Offer daily order specials, share product tips and gift ideas on the event. You could do a mystery host party through the online party too. (Be sure to personally invite people, don’t just add them to the event and if you do this in a FB group, definitely do not add people without their permission!) Check out my Online Party Success Training here.
5. Hold a fundraiser for your church, school, favorite charity or family in need. If your company does not offer a Fundraising program, consider donating a portion of your commission to a worthy cause.
6. Hold a special themed / seasonal sale! (back to school, valentines, labor day, etc…) Offer for customers to get 15% off any 1 item of their choice when they place at least a $15 order with you by a certain date OR everyone who places an order by a certain date gets entered to win a $25 surprise pack OR gets free shipping or a free gift… Get creative & be excited (but don’t give away too much of your commission either – you don’t want to devalue your products or lose income).
7. Don’t forget about vendor events – look for festivals, bazaars, fundraisers, events you can set a booth up to work to get leads, meet new people and market your business. Read more about how to have Successful Vendor Events here.
The bottom line though is to “Just do it”! We can do and achieve anything we put our minds to. If we want to make something happen, we will. Be excited, share the excitement and believe that you can earn all the great prizes & promotions that your company offers plus a great income. Get to work! You can do this!