The Secret to Consistency in Your Direct Sales Business
Whatever your goals are for your direct sales or network marketing business, consistency will be the not so secret ingredient to achieving them. Here are 5 things you can do to be more consistent this year and stay on track to reaching your goals in your direct sales business.
1. Break your goals down into activities. Goals are the starting point but your daily activities are the gasoline in the vehicle that gets you to your destination. If you have a goal to reach $3000 in income each month for instance, what you need to do is figure out how many new contacts you need to make each month, how many parties you need to hold, how many team members you need to recruit and what your team sales needs to be. Then you can break it down even further to the activities you need to do on a regular basis to find those new customers, to book those parties, to recruit those team members and help them build their businesses. Those activities might include marketing, lead generation, events, follow ups, opportunity FB live’s, 1 on 1 team coaching and team meetings. Focus on the activities and doing them consistently and the results will follow!
2. Focus on creating new habits. Put your time, energy and focus into creating the new work schedule and better life you are seeking. It’s much easier to create new habits than to fight old ones. As we re-train the patterns in our brain, it will become easier to complete the new tasks, routines and goals we have. Write out what an ideal day would look like for you in your life and business then begin working to follow that new routine each day. Choose 1 area to focus on changing at a time to allow your brain to adjust to the new way of thinking and being.
3. Evaluate your activities each day, week and month. The only real way to make sure you are making progress and staying on course is by evaluating what you are doing on a regular basis. Have a daily check list or a weekly task list / theme days list that you use to keep yourself on track. Then look at it at least once a week to see what is going well, what isn’t going so well and where you need to improve or adjust. I like to do this on Sunday afternoons when I am planning for the upcoming week so I know what I need to focus on to reach my goals faster.
4. Seek Accountability. Change can be difficult, so adding in accountability measures can help give you incentive, encouragement and ambition to do the work. Share your goals and your “why” with your family and get them on board. Find a biz buddy in your company or another DS company to connect with on a regular basis for accountability. Create a vision board and write your goals down and reflect on them often. Participate in a FB group for other business owners. Join a monthly group coaching or training program that provides support and accountability. Be willing to hold yourself responsible and learn from others who are further along the path than you are.
5. Celebrate your progress. The purpose of a goal is to create a target for you to focus on that moves you forward. Sometimes life happens, we might make mistakes or get off track. Most likely we won’t achieve ALL the goals we set or it may take us longer to reach them than we hope. It’s important that we continually celebrate our progress, that we practice self-love and be our own biggest cheerleaders. Keep taking the next step forward and focus on progress not perfection.
Remember that when you do the work consistently, the results will always come. Here’s to making progress and being more consistent all year long in your business!